Jack Kornfield Bio | Wiki
Jack Kornfield is an American teacher, podcaster, and author. He teaches in the Vipassana movement in American Theravada Buddhism. Jack trained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand, Burma, and India. Initially, he was a student of the Thai forest master Ajahn Chah and Mahasi Sayadaw of Burma. Since 1974, Jack has been teaching meditation worldwide. He is among the key teachers who introduced Buddhist mindfulness practices to the West.
Jack Kornfield Age
He was born in 1945 in the United States of America. Jack is 77 years old.
Jack Kornfield Height
He is a man of above-average stature. Jack stands at a height of 5 ft 9 in ( Approx 1.75m).
Jack Kornfield Family
He was born to his Jewish parents in the United States of America. Jack is a fraternal twin who grew up alongside his three brothers. His dad was a scientist and this made Jack become interested in healing, medicine, and science. He took a course in Asian philosophy with Dr. Wing-tsit Chan but ended up majoring in Buddhist Asian studies.
Jack Kornfield First Wife
He was married to his first wife named Liana. She is an artist and therapist. Jack has a daughter named Caroline who graduated with Berkeley Law and practices Asylum Law. Currently, Jack is married to Trudy Goodman who is a renowned meditation teacher and the founding teacher of InsightLA. InsightLA combines training in Vipassana and non-sectarian mindfulness and compassion practices such as Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
Jack Kornfield Education
He graduated from Dartmouth College in 1967. From there, Jack joined the Peace Corps and was sent to Thailand. While there, he worked on tropical medicine teams in the Mekong River valley. He met a monk under the renowned forest master Ajahn Chah and they became friends. Later, he practiced with Mahasi Sayadaw of Burma and Dipa Ma. Jack returned to the United States in 1972. He participated in the founding session of Naropa University in the summer of 1974.
The Insight Meditation Society came from the associations of this period. It was co-founded with Sharon Salzberg and Joseph Goldstein in 1975 in Barre, Massachusetts. He has trained many of the Vipassana teachers in America. Jack, together with the Dalai Lama and worldwide hosted and led gatherings for Buddhist teachers. He has written extensively on the bridge between Eastern and Western psychology after his training and earning a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Saybrook Institute
Jack Kornfield Podcast
He currently serves as the host of a podcast called Heart Wisdom on Be Here Now Network. The podcast celebrates Jack’s ability to mash up his long established Buddhist practices with many other mystical traditions. It reveals the poignancy of life’s predicaments and the path to finding freedom from self-interest, self-judgment, and unhappiness. As of April 19, 2022, the podcast has released 149 episodes.
Jack Kornfield Meditation
He co-founded the Insight Meditation Society in 1975 with Sharon Salzberg and Joseph Goldstein in Barre, Massachusetts. In 1987, Jack founded Spirit Rock Meditation Center in Woodacre, California. He has organized teacher trainings, worked as a peacemaker and activist, as well as led international gatherings of Buddhist teachers such as the Dalai Lama. Currently, Jack sells online meditation courses on his website.
Jack Kornfield A Path With Heart
On June 1, 1993, his book titled A Path with Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life was published by Bantam Books. The book was retrieved on June 6, 2011.
Jack Kornfield Wise Heart
On May 1, 2008, Jack authored a book titled The Wise Heart: A Guide to the Universal Teachings of Buddhist Psychology. The book was published by Bantam Dell and retrieved on April 20, 2015.
Jack Kornfield Forgiveness | On Forgiveness
The ancient and eternal law states that Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed. Without forgiveness, People are chained to the past. They individually remain caught in the hurt and pain of their history. Humanity needs to learn forgiveness so as to end the cycles of retribution and violence, be able to start anew, whether between the Hutus and Tutsis, the Irish Catholics and Protestants, the Palestinians and Israelis, and in so many other places.
Jack Kornfield And Tara Brach
Tara Brach, Ph.D. is an author, meditation teacher, and psychologist. Her books include international bestselling Radical Acceptance, Radical Compassion, and Trusting the Gol. Tara’s teaching blends Western psychology and Eastern spiritual practices, mindful attention to an individual’s inner life, and a full, compassionate engagement with the world. Tara founded the Insight Meditation Community of Washington. She and Jack lead the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program (MMTCP). They serve participants from 70 countries around the world.
Jack Kornfield Quotes
– “If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.”
– “The trouble is, you think you have time.”
– “Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.”
– “When we get too caught up in the busyness of the world, we lose connection with one another – and ourselves.”
– “As surely as there is a voyage away, there is a journey home.”
– “The entire teaching of Buddhism can be summed up in this way: Nothing is worth holding on to.”
– “As the Buddha said, “People with opinions just go around bothering one another.”
– “Wisdom says we are nothing. Love says we are everything. Between these two our life flows.”
– “Every individual has a unique contribution.”
– “Since death will take us anyway, why live our life in fear? Why not die in our old ways and be free to live?”
– “Much of spiritual life is self-acceptance, maybe all of it.”
Jack Kornfield Books
– 1997  Living Dharma: Teachings and Meditation Instructions from Twelve Theravada Masters. Retrieved May 17, 2015.
– September 1, 1985, A Still Forest Pool: The Insight Meditation of Achaan Chah. Quest Books. Retrieved June 6, 2011.
– 1991 Stories of the Spirit, Stories of the Heart: Parables of the Spiritual Path from Around the World. Retrieved June 6, 2011.
– 1996) . The Teachings of the Buddha: Retrieved May 16, 2015.
– June 1, 1993, A Path with Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life. Retrieved June 6, 2011.
– August 29, 1995, The Path of Insight Meditation. Retrieved June 6, 2011.
– October 2, 2001, After the Ecstasy, the Laundry: How the Heart Grows Wise on the Spiritual Path. Random. Retrieved June 6, 2011.
– March 6, 2001, Seeking the Heart of Wisdom: The Path of Insight Meditation. Retrieved June 6, 2011.
– 2008 . Meditation for Beginners. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
– 2007 . Living Buddhist Masters / Modern Buddhist Masters. Retrieved October 14, 2021.
– May 1, 2008, The Wise Heart: A Guide to the Universal Teachings of Buddhist Psychology. Retrieved April 20, 2015.
– 2010 The Buddha Is Still Teaching: Contemporary Buddhist Wisdom. Retrieved May 22, 2015.
– 2011 Bringing Home the Dharma: Awakening Right Where You Are. Retrieved May 15, 2015.
– 2011 A Lamp in the Darkness: Illuminating the Path Through Difficult Times. Retrieved May 15, 2015.
– 2017 No Time Like The Present: Finding Freedom, Love, and Joy Right Where You Are.
Jack Kornfield Net Worth
He is an American teacher and author who has accumulated an estimated net worth of $4 million.
Who Is Jack Kornfield
Jack is an American teacher and author. He teaches in the Vipassana movement in American Theravada Buddhism. He currently serves as the host of a podcast called Heart Wisdom on Be Here Now Network Jack trained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand, Burma, and India.
How Old is Jack Kornfield
Jack is 77 years old. He was born in 1945 in the United States of America.